Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feb 7, 2009

2 am I woke up and thot it was morning.

8 AM I did wake up and it was morning. Going back to bed. I was dreaming that I was typing casualty lists in the Civil War.

. Had coffee. Helps circulation. I read an article in Psychology Today years ago claiming that every pain killer was a placebo, but that the individual had to believe that it worked. It was the belief.

ACAI BERRIES The FDA says that the efficacy of acai berries is questionable. Some doc on Oprah is touting the berries.

At noon we went off to the dog park. My dogs hit the ground running. For a while there was a small pack running on each side of the fence, five on each side. The weekend folks stood there in wonderment. Then the big dogs got in a squabble and it was over.

Eventually Blitzen HAD SEX right out there in front of everybody. I was so embarressed. Blitz and another dog had been pestering this small dog. People would pull Blitzen off and then pull the other dog off and then Blitzen and then the other dog. Eventually I went over to see what was going on. It was a little female. (I knew then there were pheronnomes.) I went to pull Blitzen off and he was stuck. He was stuck. Somebody on the big dog side shouted, "Throw water on them." So I did and it was over. The little dog had just been fixed, but I think there were still hormones. Furthermore, dogs are not receptive 24/7 like humans. They have to be in season. I think Blitzen was frightened more than anything.

I came home. Did some hemming. I was trying to take a nap. People were moving past with couch and chairs and whatnot. Eventually the dogs gave up bothering to bark. It was too boring. My neighbor, Jessie, has gone to assisted living. She has Alzheimer's. So her kin were moving her belongings out. We are all waiting to see who moves in. will she be compatible.

I think I took a nap. Sometimes I don't know if I have slept.

BOOK REVIEW
William Tapply, *A Void In Hearts*. Brady Coyne, Boston lawyer, occasionally hires Les, a private eye. Les is the victim of a hit and run. So Brady sets forth to find the killer. I did not read the end and the end was the most incredible I have yet met. The title: Les originally was a bridge pro. He started investigating card cheating. Hence "void in hearts"

_____________, *Close to the Bone* This may be a spoiler. A fellow defense lawyer fakes his death by drowing. Then he really is murdered. I peeked at the end.

___________________, *Muscle Memory* Brady is a divorce lawyer, retained by a retired pro basketball player. Then the player is charged with the murder of his estranged wife. Surprise ending but I had peeked.


I was ready to go home when Dr and Mrs Chambers showed up and we chatted. We like to chat about religion and politics.
I am making semi-smores in the microwave for dessert. The Food Pantry gave me marshmellows.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: