Monday, February 2, 2009

Ranting and Raving

I have decided to rant and rave here bc I wont hurt anybody's feelings, let's hope.
I have just received another of those emails about the good old days.
Here is what the thirties were like:
There was a bad Depression and unemployment was 25 percent.
Families did not stay together. Men deserted families bc they could not support them.
My aunt abandoned her baby at her mother's house. She came to visit one day and left the baby.
My grandmother was pregnant unwed at sixteen in about 1886.
My great grandmother had an illegitimate child who became my grandmother. I have a gap in my family tree.
During the depression there was a high rate of alcoholism.

SMOKING MARIJUANA WAS LEGAL. PEOPLE SMOKED IT TO CURE ASTHMA.

People died of infection bc there were no anti-biotics.
All in all these are the Good New Days.

No comments: