Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24, 2009

11 AM Time to get up. When Lady Chica decides it's time for breaky she comes in and licks me. I sat up reading until 4 AM. I think I get stimulated when I go out and that play was stimulating.
I dreamed I was leading a band of insurgents in some primeval forest. All medeival maidens. I decided we would dress like ghosts and kill people one by one. I was influenced by the DVD documentary on Beowulf that Lea shared with me.

I had a wonderful time at the dog park. First of all, it is a perfect day. Perfect. 73 degrees with a breeze. I sat down at "our table", over by the fence so I can watch my dogs. My dogs think it is our territory.
A young couple was sitting there. The young man said something about Michigan and I spoke up. He was born in Flint but came to tX when he was a year old. He has a lot of cousins in MI and has visited summers. So we talked about everything. I asked his occupation and he is a law student. so we discussed Obama as a lawyer. We seemed to see everything eye to eye. On leaving he said he had had a wonderful talk.
Came home and chatted with my new neighbror.Sheila. I took the dogs down so they could get to know her and wouldn't freak out when she walked past.

I read and did a trifle of sewing. I am pinning strips on my next two quilts. My sister called on Skype and we talked for 38 minutes. her pic was there but not her video. My video moved. I could watch myself on video. I like that picture. I am smiling. So often in my pics I look cross.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom seemed to be having a good time. Chica and I ran the fence. Lots and lots of dogs there.

Lady Chica's Tale
Yeah, Mom was having a good time. We had a lot of fun running the fence. They had dog fights in the big side. Lots of pit bulls.

BOOK REVIEW
Maricia Muller, *Locked In*
Sharon McCone series. Sharon is shot in the head and experiences "locked in syndrome". She can hear and see and think but cannot move. She can blink. She establishes communication by blinking yes and no.
At one point the bullet remnants shift and she needs surgery. With bone and bullet removed, she can move again. She needs therapy for a long time.
Meanwhile she worked with her operatives to find who shot her. And she lives happily ever after.
This was a moving experience. I couldn't put it down and go to bed.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: