Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009

I had nightmares from reading *Ruthless*. See Book Review.

Baptist Center. Only 9 units this morning. Slow for sack lunches,too.

I learned something this morn. Corn is cooked in lime bc it doesn't do whatever wheat does naturally. The Aztecs discovered to cook corn in lime. (ashes)















I came home and took a nap. What else? After my nap, we went to the dog park while it was not raining. A cold front has come through. 72 degrees.
Blitzen's Tale
Nobody at the dog park. Sometimes there would be a big buster on the other side of the fence. We did a little running. Mom was reading. She wore a jacket.
Lady Chica's Tale
I did some heavy running for a while. it was nice and cool, running weather.

I keep wondering about this. I time my stay at the dog park at one hour. Lately Lady Chica has been coming up to me at the end of an hour. Dogs have a time sense.
Watched Nova tonight, the story of Darwin. Under the guise of Darwin blithering about should he or should he not publish, we explored his notebooks and the evolution of his theory.
He knew it would cause a ruckus.

BOOK REVIEW
Karin Slaughter *Ruthless*
This story begins with a girl being buried alive in a coffin. Eventually the chief of police stumbles over a pipe coming out of the ground and finds a dead girl. The chief's wife is the part time coroner. Actually the girl was poisoned with cyanide.
In recent books, people only do autopsies on cyanide victims wearing hazmat outfits. Apparently a small amount of cyanide can kill you.
Well, it turns out the girl belongs to a religious community who own a soybean farm. Well written.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: