Friday, October 9, 2009

October 9, 2009

We got a torrent of rain but almost no thunder and lightning. Lady Chica was glad.
Later I heard that there was a terrific storm at 3 am. We were all asleep.

Blitzen has taken to sleeping under the covers, totally covered. I dont know what's with that.

Friday morn. tai chi I didn't want to get up but here I am.

About corn. My northern readers thought I was talking about hominy. Yankees eat corn dipped in lye to turn it white. In MI we ate just hominy but others ate hominy grits.
In the SW, we eat tortillas and doritos. The corn is ground up dry. The grinding bowls are limestone or something so that they put the lime in the corn. The corn is mixed with water to make masa and that is fried to make tortillas.
On our trip to Puerto Viallarta, we stopped at a place making tortillas by hand. Lea's sister, Maxine, had enuf courage to fry a tortilla.

Went to tai chi. Ate some snacks. Ready for a nap. Then dog park. It is miserably cold, 54 degrees. Gladys is laughing. I am going to wear my long under wear.

Well, I didn't wear long underwear and I almost froze to death. The dogs loved it and were so active. One owner thanked me for getting his dog to exercise. His dog was an intact male boxer.

I came home and rested for a while. Then watched Bill Moyer. Martha tells me to stop watching Bill Moyer. Watched New Tricks. about a diamond smuggler.

Lady Chica's Tale
It was fun at the park today. Mom said she was cold but it was great.

Blitzen's Tale
We had a hard time getting those old busters to run today. One little wimpy puppy was scared of us, on the other side of the fence. Maybe he doesn't know about fences yet.

BOOK REVIEW
Beverly Connor, *Dust to Dust*
I could not suspend my disbelief, but I liked this book. Diane Fallon is a forensic anthropologist. She retired from digging up mass graves around the world to become the Director of a Museum of Natural History in a small town. In due course she sets up a forensic lab for the police dept and does Crime Scene Investigation.
In this book, a body buried fifty years ago turns up. In addition, Diane is asked to help a PI investigate a closed case. The PI is former FBI.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: