Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8, 2009

9:30 and the dogs went beserk. Blitzen tore a hole in my new comforter. Two new dogs have moved into the complex. Probably one went past on a walk.
Now at 10 AM I hear the lawn mower.
I intend to go to the park after lunch. Judy emailed me that the motorsicles are there this week. Then I want to go early enuf to miss the rain. We are to get floods tonight. Some areas will get five inches. The rain is coming down from Oklahoma.

I dont chastise the dogs for barking. The whole neighborhood feels safe bc my dogs are on watch. Having tried to catch Blitzen, he is a community project.

Last night as we drove back to Lea's, Lea saw a bunny by the road. (It was near an aprt complex.) We went around the block and parked while Lea chased it in the parking lot. Finally Lea knocked on a door to tell them the bunny was there. He was a multi colored bunny (or she). So obviously a pet.
Apparently the whole complex had been out chasing the bunny all afternoon. Nobody knew who it belonged to or where it came from.
A creek runs along the road over there and coyotes prowl.

We went to the park where a stiff wind is blowing the rain down from Oklahoma. The wind went to Chica's head. When we went to go home she went into her chase mode. Nobody was around to help me. We were alone. Finally I hitched Blitzen to the front gate and chased her. She went and stood beside Blitzen.

I am going to send this off now at 4 PM bec I dont know what kind of storm we willhave. I am going to take a nap.

Blitzen's Tale
Not much doing at the park. Two motorcycles left. Some puny little dogs came in. No big busters there. Lady Chica pulled her chase stunt when we went to leave.

Lady Chica's Tale
I ran like the wind. Like the wind I ran. I love the wind. It floats me.

BOOK REVIEW
Alexander Mc Call Smith, *TeaTime for the Traditionally Built*
Latest in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency. I was rather bored with this book. It is like reading one of those email jokes you have been receiving for the last decade. Somehow it is no longer funny.
If you have never read any of these books, this would be great. I love Precious and her detective agency. Her cases always have a surprise solution.
The setting is Botswana where the author taught at the university for a long time.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: