Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25, 2009

Reset the alarm, skipped SS and went to church. I thot the sermon today was radical but the Pastor did not. I asked him after the service.

The liturgical text was from Matthew where Jesus talks about separating the sheep from the goats and saying "Inasmuch as you did this to the least of them you did it unto me." So the sermon was about illegal immigrants. pastor always talks not preaches. he talked about how horrible the southern part of TX is. Some Union general said if he were offered Hell and TX he would choose hell.
Somebody said that the area is a cross between a dessert and a briar patch. Well, of course this is where thousands of Mexicans try to enter US. At least a thousand die every year from thirst and heat. Pastor told about a rancher who leaves a cabin open with food and water. The idea being that even illegal immigranst are "the least of these."

Farmer was not there for lunch. We missed you. Margie, Bette and I sit together with others and we always have a great table.

Well, I came home, reading emails. Going to take a nap. Must look at weather to see if it will rain. Peter at the rec center said 80% chance.

I was asleep, I think, when I heard this strange noise. Couldn't figure it out. It seemed to be coming from my computer. It was Skype. Sister calling. We talked 38 minutes until Ernie (her husband) came in from mowing yard. I better get to dog park before it rains. About 7. Now 4:49 PM

Dark clouds were hovering at the edge of the horizon but it did not rain here. My dogs did not act normal (if there is such a thing for Blitzen). I think they felt the coming front. Blitzen went up to a lab puppy being held on a leash and made a dominating noise. The puppy freaked. Blitzen of course continued to bark at the puppy. The people must be new to the park. They kept walking toward the gate and i kept following. People never stop and I am slow. Finally I put Blitzen on a leash.

to be continued. This is not all

No comments: