Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 4, 2009

Michigan State 26
Michigan 20


Sunday morning. I guess I needed all that sleep. I feel rested this morning. Off to SS and church and lunch.
The text for today was from Luke about the visit to Emaeus, how the disciples walked with jesus unknowingly. We saw a video in SS and that was the sermon.
Margie T was not there. Bette and I shared lunch.

Came home and rested briefly before going over to Lea's where we held a quilting bee. Lea and I worked speedily tying the quilt. Oh, it is gorgeous. It is almost finished. Lea has to sew on the binding.

I came home and caught a nap before Mystery came on PBS. Lewis. from the old Inspector Morse series. I am enthralled.

BOOK REVIEW
Scott Turow, *The Burden of Proof*
Legal thriller. The case is a federal case about illegal trading on the Chicago future market. Sandy Stern is defending his bro-in-law, Dixon. sandy's son-in-law, John, works for Dixon and has been subpoened to testify. Meanwhile we learn all about Sandy's psyche and flashbacks of his marriage.
Heavy reading.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: