Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28, 2009

Reader writes:

You can always sell the quilt as a East Texas Baptist University, Wayland Baptist University, East Texas State University (now A&M Commerce) or, my Alma Mata...Howard Payne University, all with blue and yellow (gold):
High above old Bayou's waters
Out on Center's heights
Stands our noble Alma Mata
Towering in her might

Keep her colors ever floating
Sing her praises do
Hail to the our Alma Mata
Hail the gold and blue.
*********************************************************************************************************
Apt. 11:15 to get a cavity filled in my tooth.
Up at 9:15 am. I wanted to hit the snooze button but old Blitzen was barking. I dont know why he wanted me to get up. They are just sleeping not demanding bfast.

My dental visit took fifteen minutes. Hardly worth the effort. I am starving. Guess I can eat now. Then for a nap.

After nap we went to dog park. Rain is coming in again. Dogs ran desultorily. Sometimes I wonder if Lady Chica has arthritis. She had a severe break in her thigh long ago. I know that my pelvis scare aches when a front comes in.

Blitzen's Tale
I ran over to say hello to Ray, Bill and Mickey's Dad. Mom was sitting at our table by the fence. The others were over under the shelter. We did some running. Buddy and I trash talked to each other.

Lady Chica's Tale
I didn't do much running. Mostly I just lay around the table where Mom was reading. I wonder what it is like to read a book. Mom sits and turns pages.

BOOK REVIEW
James Patterson, *1st to Die*
Woman's Murder Club. Lindsey Boxer is a homicide dick. She begins to investigate killings of bride and groom on their wedding night. She organizes her friends into a Murder Club, Claire, the ME; Cindy, a reporter; Jill, an assistant DA. Several surprises ensue.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: